Management Accountant - East London - Hybrid working (2 days maximum in the office)
SF Recruitment are delighted to be working with a major leading Technology business in the recruitment of a part qualified/newly qualified Management Accountant.
Reporting to the Finance Business Partner, this is a solid management accounting role suitable for someone who has the confidence to be able to challenge as well as support the project management team and build good relationships with stakeholders to ensure project delivery is in line with agreed financial budgets.
- Providing support for all financial aspects of an end to end business unit
- Production of accurate and timely financial information monthly - mainly project profit and loss accounts, working capital analysis, trend analysis, revenue and costs forecasts.
- Review of all balance sheet items including WIP, Accrued Income, Cost Accruals and Payment Advances from customer.
- Revenue recognition
- Building P&Ls from scratch for new projects awarded and working closely with Project Management team to ensure robust review of sales, costs and margin for the whole life of the project
- Assist in the production of P&L forecasts and setting of the annual budgets and quarterly forecast submission using Oracle
- Monthly cash flow and invoicing forecast
- Month end procedures including sales accruals/retentions, journals, over / under overhead recovery analysis
- Support the FBP in preparing monthly financial presentation for the regular business reviews chaired by the Managing Director
- Liaising with external auditors and addressing queries
Who you are:
You will ideally be a finalist part qualified accountant, who is a self starter and can work well within a team. You will have excellent inter-personal skills, be pro-active and can demonstrate strong influencing skills.
- Relevant experience working in a management accounting role within a contracting/project accounting environment is desirable
- Good communicator
- Able to manage heavy workload & strict deadlines
- Intermediate Level Excel (vlookups, sumifs, if/ifs, combination of formulas)
This role offers flexibility, hybrid working, (2 days on site but flexibility on this as required), pension, on site parking, 25 days holiday, study support and excellent progression opportunities within the business. You will ideally be available immediately or on short notice to 1 month's notice maximum as our client is seeking to onboard as soon as possible.
Apply for this role
If you already have an account, please log in before applying.